pages

July 12, 2007

umm, what can I say

I was on iTunes today, looking to see how popular the Clemson Presbyterian Podcast was. turns out that it's the first choice that comes up if you search "clemson" in the iTunes store.

but that's not the crazy part.

just looking to see who else we were competing with in the search, I found TIGEROAR, a men's a Capella group at Clemson University. they were on some "best of college a Capella" compilation the past few years doing vocal-only takes on modern pop songs. (side note: I can't say that I am fan of this style, but it is a fun tradition around these parts)

I was interested in seeing what songs constitute a "best of" in this category. turns out, amongst covers of Maroon 5, Sarah McLachlan, and Matchbox 20, was a cover of none other than the Christian folk all-star himself ... Derek Webb!

I can't tell you how it made me feel to hear "Somewhere North of Here" as performed by the Dartmouth Aires. why not go listen to it for yourself?

not much in the way of commentary on my part, but I will say that I never thought I'd hear a Derek Webb song receive this sort of arrangement.

"no, Derek, tell us how you really feel..."

No comments: