pages

September 06, 2005

First day of classes off to a (slow) start!

Today is the first day of regular classes at Erskine. I hurried out the door a few minutes late, after making good time for the first half of the drive I got stuck behind a trailer, and set foot in the classroom on the dot of 8:00. This morning I have Early and Medieval Church History with Don Fairbairn. Turns out that Dr. Fairbairn is in Belgium currently, so he had a video lecture prepared to show during the class. Our graduate assistant was unable to get the DVD up and running, so all we had to do was fill out a piece of paper about ourselves. Class was dismissed promptly at 8:15! All that driving fast for nothing! And here's the even better part... my next class isn't until 7:00 pm! Tonight!!! Fortunately I have a reading assignment already, so I can get started on that. Oh, and there's chapel in an hour (11:00 am).

In lieu of posting something interesting from today's class, here's a rundown of my weekly class schedule:
  • Tu. 8:00-11:00 am – Early and Medieval Church History
  • Tu. 7:00-10:00 pm – Hebrew I
  • We. 8:00-11:00 am – Bible Survey
  • We. 1:00-4:00 pm – Old Testament I
I'm really excited to have classes starting... actually, I was really hoping to have a class today, so I'm a bit disappointed that I don't really have much to do... okay, so this is going on record that I am "disappointed" with the fact that "I don't have much to do"... please remind me of this when I'm feeling the crunch by the middle of October (if not sooner).

No comments: